Thursday, December 25, 2008

In Your spirits...


I woke up with Your age-old spirit
As You broke the night into dawn
Amidst jingling bells and mingling prayers
You re-wore Your thorny crown.

With the break of another winter sunrise
You brought back Your fragrance and hues
And the livened up bells and re-bloomed roses
Marked another Christmas anew.

I waited awake throughout last night
To hear Your bells being rung
In the dead hour of another midnight
I heard Your carols sung.

I longed to see Your eyes before mine
I lit up my candle for You
I yearned to touch Your worshipped divinity
To know what's strong, pure and true..

You have perceived us through the last year long
Through times of green and blue
You have guided us through vicious waters
As You captained our crew.

Its another Christmas in Your name
Another toast, and a treat
For when the rejoicing world forgets the same,
I thank You for this Yuletide spirit.


P.S.- Merry Christmas to all of you..

2 comments:

little boxes said...

this is beautifully written...
i hope you had a great christmas :)

Anonymous said...

awe-inspiring use of words to Xpress Xmas...
keep it up...