Tuesday, August 19, 2008

To the City of Joy...

I look out of my window pane
this sulky winter morning
As my eyeballs meander through
the imminent fog,
the upcoming mist,
and the dew that promised with it another tryst..
And they meander towards the defeated Sun,
wait, not the Sun, nor the baring trees
but the fragments of my city
these black balls can perceive,
within their limited boundaries..

And how many such fragments went unnoticed.
Some distant bustling thoroughfare
A few dwellers off the street ..
Somewhere a crammed yellow brick road

Dealing with God's unkind treat.
A few fleeting smiles
and some equally morbid tears ;
Some forged consolations
And some hard-to-defy fears.
I hear someone screaming for life
before me a nightmare flashes..
As I see glimpses of my country
getting reduced to ashes.
I look back towards my city
The happy, selfish lives thriving in it ..
Happy to be blessed,
Selfish to be untouched,
sitting on the nation's safest seat.
And that unnamed yellow brick road,
Shivering with this omnipresent terror
Shrouded in the wrath of a blanket
To beat this heat, uncalled for. ..
And a despising vision of the city
With no more of this prejudice, that havoc can destroy.
And with the timeless prayer
to that unkind Almighty
To keep this haven the City of Joy..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nicely written wid wonerful xpressions of thoughts,...